Friday, September 5, 2014

Summer Face Speed Paintings

Over the summer I practiced painting the face. I had a really fun time especially doing the exercise with a friend. =)

Day 001:
Did 4x 30min speed paintings (Below is the only one I liked) I experimented a lot with brush and texture.

---

Day002:

 This time did 2x 30min speed paintings (only this one turned out alright)

 ---

Day003:

  Did 1x 1 hour speed painting, children study. Originally a study of a female's face however my friend and I thought of a fun addition to our summer speed paint exercise. After our "warm ups" we'll proceed to paint an Anime character as realistically as we can using what we learned from the previous study. Below is the study:


For the anime character I chose "Yotsuba" I limited myself to 1 hour again.  This is the reference and below is the result:
---

Day004:

Did 2x 1 hour studies both of female facial structures ( below was the one I like) 


Once again we chose an anime character and tried to paint them realistically. Here is the reference and below is the result after 1 hour:



One of the highlights and fun I had this summer. I hope you all enjoyed your summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment